[Evolution] Evolution: how to check the incoming mails?

Hello.
I am using Linux Ubuntu 5.10 in dual boot with the native o.s. of my PC (Windows 98SE). In order not to spread viruses I'd like to check the incoming mails, managed by Evolution.
I have, also, installed ClamAv antivirus along with its frontend ClamTk.
My Evolution version is 2.4.1. Does it have a built in support for ClamAv? Or, do I need to install another suitable software (amavisd-new ?) Unfortunately my knowledge of such things is low, so, I'll be grateful to you if you give me a helping hand about the right procedure.
Best Regards,
Alberto