Re: [Evolution] Antw: Re: Folder for sent mail?

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 08:34 +0530, Sankar P wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 15:03 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 18:57 +0100, Heiko Jansen wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2006 18:40 schrieb Sankar P <psankar novell com>
[Re: Antw: Re: [Evolution] Folder for sent mail?]:
It seems that the GroupWise server supports appending mails only to the
Mailbox folder. So you may have to copy it to MAILBOX and have some
filters to move the mails to desired folders.

But the best option will be to set up Server-side rules to govern these
and continue using Evoltuion's GroupWise to send mails, as it has some
advantages over SMTP/Sendmail like message-tracking, priority etc.

Rules are definitely not a sane option here!
I canÂt even imagine how many complex rules IÂd need to organize my mails
correctly. And since they would still be rather imperfect IÂd need to check
the sent-mail folder again and again if something lept through. Also, more
complex rules mean that itÂs more likely that mails get send to the wrong
folder and are therefore lost (unless I do time consuming searches).

Alternatively (and more reliably IMHO), set up virtual folders for your
most common correspondents, defining the search criteria as From, To or
CC. This works as far as it goes, but of course doesn't scale as easily
as the Kmail way since there's more work involved in setting it up for
each correspondent.

Instead of manually setting up the vFolders, you can use "vFolder on
Sender" from Message menu, to make it (a little) easier.

Sounds like it would be trivial to have a "Search folder on this
correspondent" option on the same menu. I'll add it as a feature
request.

poc