Re: [Evolution] Antw: Re: Folder for sent mail?

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 11:30 +0100, Heiko Jansen wrote:
Sankar P <psankar novell com> schrieb am Mi, Dez 13, 2006 um  7:01 AM in
Nachricht <1165989676 14118 5 camel moss blr novell com>:

When composing a mail KMail offers me the opportunity to decide where to put
the out-copy of that mail (drop-down menu in composer window). I haven t
found that opportunity in Evolution. Instead, every copy is stuffed
indifferently in the same outbox from where I have to copy it manually to
the right folder.

For GroupWise provider of Evolution, you cannot change the Sent-items
folder. However, if you are not so specific about sending via GroupWise
and can use SMTP/Sendmail, you can configure a dummy-account with
Sending protocol alone set. Then you can choose to configure where you
want to move the sent items. Edit->Preferences->Edit account->Defaults
page is where you need too look.

Hmm. Tried that a minute ago (Evo 2.8.2 from openSUSE 10.2).
Created a new SMTP account and send a mail, choosing the new account as origin
in the composer window. I also chose a folder in the GroupWise account as the
place where the copy should be stored (entry in the field was "groupwise://...").
In the end the mail was send but the copy materialized in the "Sent Mail" folder
under "On this computer"!
If I can t chose a folder from the GroupWise account, then this approach won t
help me to organize all related mails (sent and received) together!?
Or have I just missed something?

It seems that the GroupWise server supports appending mails only to the
Mailbox folder. So you may have to copy it to MAILBOX and have some
filters to move the mails to desired folders.

But the best option will be to set up Server-side rules to govern these
and continue using Evoltuion's GroupWise to send mails, as it has some
advantages over SMTP/Sendmail like message-tracking, priority etc.

Heiko

PS: Is there anything Evolution can do to fix this dumb behaviour of GW, or can
it only be solved in GW itself?

--
Sankar