Re: [Evolution] Antw: Re: Folder for sent mail?

Am Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2006 18:40 schrieb Sankar P <psankar novell com>
[Re: Antw: Re: [Evolution] Folder for sent mail?]:
It seems that the GroupWise server supports appending mails only to the
Mailbox folder. So you may have to copy it to MAILBOX and have some
filters to move the mails to desired folders.

But the best option will be to set up Server-side rules to govern these
and continue using Evoltuion's GroupWise to send mails, as it has some
advantages over SMTP/Sendmail like message-tracking, priority etc.

Rules are definitely not a sane option here!
I canÂt even imagine how many complex rules IÂd need to organize my mails
correctly. And since they would still be rather imperfect IÂd need to check
the sent-mail folder again and again if something lept through. Also, more
complex rules mean that itÂs more likely that mails get send to the wrong
folder and are therefore lost (unless I do time consuming searches).

IÂll try to use the GW account as IMAP account and forget about
the "advanced stuff" since thatÂs something IÂd use only once in a while
while on the other hand I constantly need to have an overview what happens
on certain topics, with certain communication partners etc.
Hope that works together with still using GW for contacts, calender and the
like.
In KDE Kontact thatÂs how it works right now, but the GW intergration for
the other features (calendar etc.) is less mature than in Evo.

I must say that IÂm very much disappointed with GroupWise here.

Heiko