Re: [Evolution] Exchange

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 09:39 -0600, Stephens, Bill {PBSG} wrote:
I'm unable to authenticate to my exchange.  I've tried the
https://owaserver/exchange/alias and my domain\user and password, but
just keep getting authentication failed.  I'm use open suse 10.2,
evolution-exchange 2.8.2, and have been going through the newsgroups and
googling for a few weeks now, and haven't been successful.  Any
additional hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill,

Here's how I got my 2.8.2 to worked on our system:

In Evolution, I set up a new account, identifying it as ms exchange,
instead of POP3 etc. Under the "Receiving Email" tab, I used my office
username (your alias?) in the username field, then
https://owaserver/exchange -- no alias after exchange -- in the OWA URL:
field. Because I use Evolution on my personal laptop, which doubles as
my work machine, I made sure to use my office email address in the
appropriate fields under the "Identity" tab.

After I did all that, I got a folder tree for office email in
Evolution's email-folder pane. And I can click-and-drag the office email
into folders I have under On This Computer, where I archive them.

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor