Re: [Evolution] Mailclient window mockup

On Sa, 2005-09-17 at 22:57 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
It's still wasting an *incredible* amount of space chewing up all
that real estate repeating Reply, Reply to All, Forward & Mover
for every message.  Blech.

Possibly, but is cutting away from every title a better alternative? If
it is not, then that space is unused anyway. Look at this version:

http://debain.org/img/blog/mailclient3.png
(yes, the buttons in the mockup look lame, but that's just because I am
too lazy to rework them.)

Of course, that can also be combined with the two-line-per-header
version. No repeating in that case, it's 13 lines visible in Evolution
vs. 9 lines visible in the mockup - using the additional space only for
the previously hidden subject line.

You're a D-D.  You know how long and nested the threads in d-devel
& d-user can get.  The wasted screen space ensures that the subjects
would get disappear after half a dozen messages.

True, but I believe it is more important to see the complete title than
to see a complete thread, so the space is hardly wasted. It is used for
information that was previously hidden.

-Samuel