Re: [Evolution] imap folders (solved)

On Wed, 2005-19-10 at 08:59 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:

I am having a problem with 2.4.1 and IMAP folders.

Everything used to work fine until I did my most recent upgrade to
2.4.1. Now whenever I create a new folder on my IMAP server (courier),
it is only visible for the current session.
[snip]

Anyone else having similiar problems?

Feature not problem: You have to "subscribe Folder" before it becomes
visible (Standard IMAP procedure). You' ll find the command in "Tools"

Yes, I know about subscribing but (maybe I should have mentioned that
I did try) when I select my server it states "this store does not
support subsciptions or they are not enabled". So how do I enable
them?

You also have to enable subscriptions for an account to subscribe to
folders. (Account Prefs -> Receiving Options -> Show only subscribed
folders)

HOWEVER, In my experience, if you _don't_ have this checked, you are
"subscribed" to, ie. you can see, every folder without having to
subscribe to it.

HOWEVER to the however: In my experience, that is only true for folders
in your own ... "mail directory".  For shared folders we have here under
"users", I don't see them at all even if I have the above option
un-checked.

YMMV...

Thank you. The "show only subscribed folders" was unchecked so I checked
it and then was able to subscribe to the missing folders. Strange as I
thought that if this was unchecked, then, as you said, I would
automatically be subscribed to all folders. Doesn't matter. At least I
can keep Evolution now. Thanks again.