Re: [Evolution] Forwarding mail with embedded images

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 12:35 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 01:58 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 12:18 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
I dont know why the option was removed from the menu and stuff. IMHO
should be there. So Forward should have options (Forward Inline or
Forward as attachment), so that the user need not change the setting
each time.

Cheers.  Amen brother.  Hip-hip-hooray.  Whatever I have to do to
wholeheartedly agree.

Sometimes it's just not appropriate to forward an e-mail complete with
full headers and such.  Editing to protect the innocent and all that.

But then again, when forwarding inline, although you would be able to
edit your mail, you still would *not* have any attachments that were a
part of the original. This cant be done, as per the RFC

However you always have the option of composing a new mail and sending
another message as an attachment, using drag-and-drop. This gets you all
the attachments of the other message as well. There was a thread about
this a while back (around early June 2004 if you want to search the
archives). You can also include selected attachments by dragging them.

I just checked it in 2.4.1 and it still works :-)

poc