Re: [Evolution] Re: update of unread mails [need help!]

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 08:31 -0400, Tessa Lau wrote:
I'm seeing the same problem in Evo 2.2.1.1 on Hoary --- the folder list
on the left always displays the number of unread messages that existed
when Evolution started.  In addition, the message list on the right does
not automatically get refreshed when I send/receive mail until I switch
to a different folder and then switch back.

As a result, I find it impossible to know which folders have new mail
without clicking through the list twice.

I also noticed that I have a folder named ".#evolution" which shows up
in the folder list, which seems like a bug.

I've tried removing all of evolution's settings and recreating my mail
account:

* quit my GNOME session
* rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/evolution
* rm ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution
* rm -rf ~/.evolution
* log back in and create the mail account

I'm using a local Maildir store.  I tried creating a new Maildir
directory and pointing Evolution at that directory instead, but the same
problem happens.  When I receive new mail in that directory, Evolution
doesn't update.

Also, evolution frequently crashes after clicking the "send/receive
mail" button to try to force an update.

Any ideas?

File crash reports of any crashes.

Otherwise I gues it sounds like a maildir bug, file a report onthat too.

Thanks,
--Tessa