[Evolution] Re: update of unread mails [need help!]

I'm seeing the same problem in Evo 2.2.1.1 on Hoary --- the folder list on the left always displays the number of unread messages that existed when Evolution started. In addition, the message list on the right does not automatically get refreshed when I send/receive mail until I switch to a different folder and then switch back.

As a result, I find it impossible to know which folders have new mail without clicking through the list twice.

I also noticed that I have a folder named ".#evolution" which shows up in the folder list, which seems like a bug.

I've tried removing all of evolution's settings and recreating my mail account:

* quit my GNOME session
* rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/evolution
* rm ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution
* rm -rf ~/.evolution
* log back in and create the mail account

I'm using a local Maildir store. I tried creating a new Maildir directory and pointing Evolution at that directory instead, but the same problem happens. When I receive new mail in that directory, Evolution doesn't update.

Also, evolution frequently crashes after clicking the "send/receive mail" button to try to force an update.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Tessa

Blink Eye wrote:
suddenly the update of the folder/mail structure on the left doesn't
work anymore, meaning that allthough i've read a message and hence
marked it as read the folder/mail structure still shows the same number
of unread messages as before. the only thing i can do is restart
evolution which then updates the number correctly but only once, i.e. at
the beginning.

Andre Klapper wrote:
~/.gnome2_private/Evolution holds your passwords,
~/.gconf/apps/evloution stores your account settings.
this is also in the archives (it's time to set up a faq :-).