Re: [Evolution] update of unread mails [need help!]

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 23:34 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2005, 22:37 +0200 schrieb Blink Eye:
On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 11:07 +0200, BlinkEye wrote:
suddenly the update of the folder/mail structure on the left doesn't
work anymore, meaning that allthough i've read a message and hence
marked it as read the folder/mail structure still shows the same number
of unread messages as before. the only thing i can do is restart
evolution which then updates the number correctly but only once, i.e. at
the beginning.

do the amounts *never* update until your restart evo or do they update
after some time (e.g. when you have switched around in the components
for example)? i also see this sometimes, but to me it's not a big deal.

i could really use some help in this issue. the problem remains although
i removed every possible related package and ~/.evolution and
~/evolution folders, even the /tmp/orbit-username folder. it's still not
working and i just re-installed the following packages after first
removing them:
[...]
err... too much time? ;-)
it's pretty clear that this is an evo problem, so why de- and
reinstalling around with all these packages?

the strange thing is that my settings were restored anyway (at least the
mail settings). where the heck is evolution saving these settings other
than in my ~/.evolution or ~/evolution folder?

~/.gnome2_private/Evolution holds your passwords,
~/.gconf/apps/evloution stores your account settings.
this is also in the archives (it's time to set up a faq :-).

cheers & good luck,
andre

the amounts update never until i restart evo. now i could finally remove
all settings from my old evo installation and it's back working.

thanks for the help.