Re: [Evolution] Help me switch to evolution

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 19:24 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

There's a part of the folder tree which should be displaying the folders
which physically exist on the IMAP server, just like those folders are
displayed in other IMAP clients. But Evolution displays folders which
don't actually exist. That's wrong. There's a 'vFolders' tree for
Evolution to display those things.

That's reasonable.

My patch gives him the option to turn that off and simply use the IMAP
mark-and-expunge model. It does not implement a physical Trash folder,
but at least it stops _pretending_ to do so.

Fair enough.

Another point: if you also hide the Junk vFolder, how does the user get
to expunge his Junk or mark something as "not Junk"?.

Either create a proper vFolder in the vFolders part of the tree, or just
don't. The point in turning off the Junk vFolder would mostly be for
those users who don't _want_ it, because they realise that filtering
belongs in the MDA not the MUA.

Totally agree (I use SpamAssassin on the server), however Evo currently
has no way of controlling it. AFAIK, neither does any other MUA.

poc