[Evolution] Help me switch to evolution

I'm currently using Thunderbird/Sunbird as my PIM managers, and I'm wanting to switch to Evolution because of its tight integration with the desktop. However, there are several things that are keeping me from switching at this point, and I was hoping someone might be able to provide some workarounds, solutions, or perhaps just suggest to me a different way of doing things.

1. IMAP seems VERY slow compared to Tbird. Sometimes when I switch from one account to another, I have to wait while it re-loads my entire inbox... Are there any options I can change to help speed things up?

2. In Thunderbird, I have an IMAP folder for "Junk, Sent, Trash, and Drafts," and these special folders are configured respectively. I don't really like how "Junk" and "Trash" in Evo are simply VFolders that show me emails "marked" as deleted or junk. If I use squirrelmail to check my email from somewhere else, I then don't have a "Trash" folder to keep deleted emails, and likewise for "Junk". I also like in Tbird how these special folders (including "Sent" and "Drafts") are displayed at the top of my folder list, and have special icons for this.

3. I've set my "Sent" folder to my imap folder in the defaults tab in acccount settings, but Sent email still only gets copied to the local "Sent" folder. Is this a bug? Also, the folder I've set to "Drafts" isn't behaving like a Drafts folder. When I double click a message in that folder it should open in a composer.

4. Email is displayed before it gets filtered. With Tbird, the email will get sorted into its respective folder before I even see it. This is important for imap, when some operations are slow and in evo's case I'm left sorting through junk mail anyways, regardless of filters...

I apologize if any of these have been beaten to death with a stick.. If you want to refer me to other conversations about this that would be fine too :-)