Re: [Evolution] Logic behind a line through deleted messages and copying them to Trash?

Hi Patrick,

Be aware that this is not an Evo-specific or even *nix-specific point.
Other mailers (e.g. the Windows version of Thunderbird to name one) do
exactly the same thing if you're configured to "delete by marking"
rather than "delete by moving to a (real) trash folder". In the case of
TB it's actually more frustrating because there's currently no option
for hiding marked-for-deletion messages; your only recourse is to purge
them.

I had no idea that other mailers did this too Patrick.  Thanks for
pointing that out. I had never seen it before Evolution so it's quite
new to me and I did not, until now,  understand the reasoning behind
it.

Carlos