Re: [Evolution] Logic behind a line through deleted messages and copying them to Trash?

Hi Ron,

Can someone help me understand the logic or usefulness of both putting a
line through the deleted message in the folder in which it is found AND
putting a copy in the Trash folder?  Why not one or the other but not
both?

It's the opposite of View->"Hide Deleted Messages".

Well...yeah..(as noted at the tail end of my message) .but my question
was what is the logic behind showing the deleted messages with a line
through them and putting a copy in the Trash folder?  Anybody?  Is there
some practical usefulness to this that I am not seeing and missing out
on.

You sure do complain a *lot*.  Maybe T-bird or Sylpheed would be
more to your preference?

Perhaps rather than focusing on my complaining a "lot" it might be more
beneficial to Evolution to focus on the nature of my complaints with a
view to helping me, and others reading this list, to implement work
arounds or else to see if Evolution might benefit from making some
changes in line with the nature of my complaints.

If I am complaining it's because there is a valid complaint to be made.
At least in my mind.   Would you rather I shut up and simply stop using
Evolution or bad mouth it and Novell because valid "complaints" are not
encouraged or embraced as a spring board for useful change?

Is there some more acceptable way for me to "complain" that might not
come across as complaining while still getting across that there is
something about Evolution that seems quirky, unclear, potentially
lacking in usefulness, or otherwise to an end user like myself?

Incidentally my questions regarding the logic of crossing out messages
AND copying them to Trash was more a question than a complaint.  If that
is considered a complaint I better shut my mouth entirely since it would
seem that even asking questions might make me seem to be complaining!

Carlos