Re: [Evolution] Re: Suggestions on how to work with Evolution UI effectively?

Ron,

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 18:12 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
Since each folder highlights it's new messages, and "." brings you
to Next Unread Message, there is no confusion, since I read all
the new messages from folder A, go to folder B, wash, rinse repeat.

I cannot speak for the poster you asked of but as I see it the problem
is that the "." does not work consistently to bring up those highlighted
messages into view.  I have to usually go over with the mouse, grab the
scroll bar (which Evolution has an annoying habit of causing to start
out at the top of a folders messages), drag it down, and hope that the
message currently being "highlighted" is a new one.  That's a major
PITA.

Ctrl+] doesn't work much better.

The other problem is the reliance on the mouse to skip around in the
Evolution UI.  Some of us would rather rely on our keyboards without
having to go over and grab the mouse.  My right hand quite often gets
quite sore when I rely on the mouse too much and I much prefer an
approach to moving around in the UI that is allows me to use my keyboard
almost exclusively.

Just my two cents Ron.

Carlos