Re: [Evolution] hanging when downloading messages

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 03:22 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 01:23 -0700, Ski Dawg wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 15:10 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Haven't seen this.  Unless it is just 'busy', e.g. re-indexing a
folder that the next message is destined for since i is just opening
up.

Well, I have seen it locked up for several hours before, so I wouldn't
think that it would be a re-indexing issue. Is there anything that I can
do to determine if this is the case?

If it's always the same message on the same POP account, and it
just started happening, maybe the message is corrupt.

If so, then this script can delete the offending message for you.

Thanks for the script. I will keep it for future use, but it doesn't
help me with this problem. Its not the same message each time and it
happens on all 5 of my POP3 accounts, whichever has 3 or more messages
in it when I try to download them.

If I hit cancel in the Send and Receive dialog, it will expunge the 2
messages it has already downloaded, then close. I can then hit Send and
Receive again to get the next 2 messages from that account. So for now,
I am hitting Send and Receive, then Cancel, then Send and Receive, then
cancel, and so on until all the message have been downloaded.

If there are more than 15 to 20 messages that need to be downloaded,
then I will usually fire up Thunderbird to download all the messages at
once, then import those messages into Evolution, but that is kind of a
PITA as well.
--
Doug

Random Thought:
The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.