Re: [Evolution] clipboard integration

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:10 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 20:51 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 18:35 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Evo doesn't seem to integrate itself with the clipboard like all
other apps I use.  That is, I need to leave mail open in a window
to copy parts of it to somewhere else.  Say, I select a
link/address from within

I've done this loads of times under gnome and it works. Perhaps it's a
XFCE issue?

Perhaps.  It's that sort of feedback that I was hoping to get to see if
it affected anyone else.

If you want feedback, I just tried it.  Same behaviour here, ie. I
cannot paste from evolution if I've closed the window I copied from.

evolution 2.2.3, gnome 2.10, Xorg 6.8.2

Iain, I presume you meant to post your addition to the thread
(immediately above) to the list and not just to me?  Anyway, it warrants
being in the thread on list :-)

Thanks for the confirmation, combined with comment by NotZed, it is
appearing like Evo was not built with clipboard integration implemented
consistent with other apps.  Shutting the window from which the text was
copied should _not_ purge the clipboard.  This has caused me annoyance
on _so_ many occasions that I finally started this thread :-(

Unless I hear a good rationale not to, I'll file this a bug in a few
days time - presuming that's the best way to have it given attention.

Gavin