Re: [Evolution] clipboard integration

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 20:32 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 18:35 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:16 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
Evo doesn't seem to integrate itself with the clipboard like all other
apps I use.  That is, I need to leave mail open in a window to copy
parts of it to somewhere else.  Say, I select a link/address from within

I've done this loads of times under gnome and it works. Perhaps it's a
XFCE issue?

Do you have a 3rd mouse button? try selecting the text and using the 3rd
mouse button to paste

He's probably using the popup window mail viewer, which does need the
original window to be around at past time, since it is implemented using
selections.

_He_ is :-)  And, if this an explanation of why it's not working then I
consider that a serious flaw/bug in Evo in that it is not integrating
with the clipboard in a way consistent with every other GUI app I have
ever used.  The premise is that all data copied to the clipboard is not
purged from there by simply closing the window from which that data came
- it needs to stay there until purged by replacing it with another
selection or shutting down X.

Should I file a bug on it, then?

Gavin