[Evolution] How to operate on mail messages?

There are a couple of things I sometimes want to do with e-mail that I
haven't been able to figure out how to do with Evolution.

1-  Sometimes I receive e-mail with layers and layers of headers on it.
(Often a too-forwarded joke).  I'd like to operate on the original mail
message in a text editor to strip out the excess baggage, then
re-incorporate the slimmed down message back into the mail folder and
forward it along.

2- Sometimes I want to insert a couple of e-mail messages into an
outgoing message as attachments.   I only know how to attach files.
Am I supposed to save the original message as a file of some particular
type so that when inserted back into the outgoing message its back to
being e-mail (perhaps with HTML in it) instead of just going in as text?

By the way, I've noticed when I reply to HTML-formatted e-mail with
plain text mail, that editing the text of the original mail to strip out
portions unnecessary in the reply often results in Evolution 2.0.2 going
into a CPU-busy loop.   Is that a known bug?

Drew