Re: [Evolution] Feature requests - My list

> 1)  Allow searching on headers.  Sometimes I have an e-mail that has
> information in the headers that I want to find in other messages.
> (Tracking down virus propagation, for one.  Some other sysadmin-type
> uses.)

this is hard to do in any reasonably since it would require the parsing
of all messages in a folder on the fly - and that is a huge task.

the options that are currently available for searching are things that
are cached in memory always so it can always be really fast.

Well we allow body searches even if we haven't indexed, and they parse the whole mailbox.  It could do similarly if it isn't one of the 'known' headers - the same way filtering does it, more or less.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"Ride, Work, Sleep. Beer."