[Evolution] Feature requests - My list

Since people are asking for features, I might as well add mine to the
pile.

1)  Allow searching on headers.  Sometimes I have an e-mail that has
information in the headers that I want to find in other messages.
(Tracking down virus propagation, for one.  Some other sysadmin-type
uses.)

2) Ability to define the port numbers that pop3 and imap connect to.  (I
use SSH to tunnel from my laptop to my mail server to transfer mail back
and forth.  It would be nice to not have to use fetchmail or other hacks
to move the mail.  One hack is enough.)

3) Ability to set an e-mail folder to move all mail before a certain
point to an archive folder.  (Which can be burned off to DVD or some
other location.)  I know I can do it with a separate Perl script, but I
would prefer a method that does not require rebuilding the indexes each
time.)  This one would help with large collections of mail and machines
with less than a gig of memory.  (On my old system I had to close
everything to get to my mail due to the amount of folders.)

4) A conversion routine for importing Evolution 1.x ~/evolution
directories into Evolution 2.x.  It is helpful when you are moving mail
between systems.  There may be a routine for this, but the import menu
item is not it.

More will probably come to mind after I hit send...

--
"If any sign of pleasure is exhibited,
 report to me and it will be prohibited.