Re: [Evolution] Folder tree corrupted?

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 03:52 -0600, Chuck Mattsen wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:43:49 +0800
Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 01:02 -0600, Chuck MATTSEN wrote:
>
> > Just installed Evolution 2.0.3 today under Mandrake Cooker.  Spent
> > the afternoon setting up my folder tree, filters, etc., and things
> > seemed to be moving along just fine.  Shut down Evo, and when I
> > started it back up later my folder tree is now strewn with lots of
> > extra folders.  The mail's still there and intact, but now instead
> > of just an "evolution" folder, for example, I have
> > 	evolution
> > 	evolution.cmeta
> > 	evolution.ev-summary
> > etc., for each of the previously created folders.
> >
> > Is there a simple fix?  Any idea what I did to cause this?
>
> No.  Yes - you used evolution.  This is how it stores directories
> internally.

Yes, I know that's the internal structure.  But does anyone have an
answer as to why they're now showing up /within/ the program in the
folder tree?

Oh right.  No idea.  Can't see how it can happen because the code specifically hides all such files, for obvious reasons.

The physical files are the only thing it uses to determine what folders to show, there is no index file or anything for this.

I presume you mean "local folders", or whatever it's called now "on this computer".