Re: [Evolution] How to keep unread seen messages remain new.

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 16:53 +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
What I mean from seen but unread messages is that when one has many
folders and many new messages, one may open one folder, maybe read a few
messages and leave the rest of the messages as unread ( seen but unread )
and later wants to read them.

Well, In mutt one can set this option. I searched through all the
settings of evo but couldn't find one. I think one dosen't exists. The
reason I needed this was that since I read the mails intermittently,
where I even have to switch my box, when I return to evo the flag new is
gone and it's not possible to know if I have read them.

hi vikram,
perhaps one has to be a mutt user because i still don't get it. what is
the advantage of setting an email to "seen but not read"? to me it's
nearly the same as "not read", at least i will realize that i already
have seen an email that i have set to unread after reading the first few
lines of it... :-)
you can always set an email to "unread" after you have read it by "edit
change the value when messages are marked as read in the preferences
under "mail preferences | message display". perhaps this will come close
to what you NEED and what evolution obviously does not have. :-)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!