Re: [Evolution] Re: Syncing Evolution

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:

---
I will second this

I have no problem using jpilot or command line 'pilot-xfer /dev/pilot'
but gpilotd is absolutely deaf to communications on FC3

I can appreciate your frustrations. I spent a lot of time figuring out
how to 'fix' this in FC3. Since I can sync my Handspring Visor by only
pressing the the base's hotsync button (nothing else before or after), I
wouldn't think "absolutely deaf to communications on FC3" would be
truthful.

# rpm -qa pilot-link jpilot gnome-pilot evolution
pilot-link-0.11.8-8
jpilot-0.99.7-2
gnome-pilot-2.0.12-4
evolution-2.0.2-3

Mine -

$ rpm -qa pilot-link jpilot gnome-pilot evolution
jpilot-0.99.7-2
evolution-2.0.2-3
pilot-link-0.11.8-8
gnome-pilot-2.0.12-4

# uname -a
Linux lin-workstation.azapple.com 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 #1 Thu Jan 13
16:38:22 EST 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Mine -

$ uname -a
Linux pmbnote1 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 #1 Wed Feb 2 00:14:23 EST 2005 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

BTW, I forgot to mention in my reply to Andrew Greig that an entry had
to be made in '/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules' to give directions on
what to create the dynamic /dev node and symlink. I did post this
earlier, but should have recapped it in my previous post. Sorry.

Granted, all of this should have been noted in some documentation
surrounding the gnome-pilot project, but now that it is known, I suspect
this will allow many to sync that couldn't before. Linux is about
choice, and going with other applications is a great idea, if that's
what you want. I want to work with Evo, if I can. That's my choice. I'm
not stuck with it.

I can't possibly promise this will solve syncing problems for *everyone*
under *all* conditions. Nonetheless, I'm quite happy about this small
success and that I figured it out on my own. If after making these
changes on a laptop running FC3 it now works, where it wouldn't before,
I wouldn't say "gpilotd is absolutely deaf to communications on FC3."
Sorry. :0)

Paul