Re: [Evolution] Re: Syncing Evolution

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 08:52 +0000, Martin Gill wrote:

For the most part I get Evo to sync fine, and I've actually got
something like that already running for gpilot. There is a gnome desktop
(panel) applet that will do it.

If you are speaking of the two-state panel app that changes color when
activated and the sync is in progress (just like the Redhat Up2date
button works with RHN), I can't find it. I am not using Gnome for my
DE/WM, and I couldn't find it in KDE (for the short time I was using
that.) Sure, it's easy to create a panel entry that starts gpilotd. My
little fix saves a steps, but also makes sure that I don't invoke more
than one copy of gpilotd. Doing so can make gpilotd useless until the
others sessions are removed.

I can't get evo to sync my tasks, and I don't at the moment have the
time to learn how to debug on linux to try and figure out what's wrong.
Shame, because I tend to prefer Evo to the KDE equivalents.

Have you gone through the gpilot-control-applet and set up the conduits
you wish to use? By default the conduits are not set to sync. If you
just pressed the hotsync button on your panel and then your device's
hotsync button, you'll sync, but nothing will actually happen.

Paul