[Evolution] Re: Syncing Evolution

Hi Paul,

I have tried to sort out the gpilotd and also kpilot, as the korganizer has come a long way forward. But neither Evo-pliot nor kpilot would sync. I fired up jpilot and it worked beautifully. I ran through my contacts on the desktop and deleted the duplicates, then I synched with the Pilot and all of the duplicates in the Palm were deleted as well. I added some Calendar events and tasks and added an extra address, and synched again, fantastic -- perfect, I even caught the fact that it was updating AvantGo (something I do not use due to a lack of local channels). So I guess the question needs to be asked " What can the Evo-pilot authors steal from jpilot?" cos it works and Evo does not.

I have been a loyal and vigorous advocate of Evoution since before it was 1.0, I think that 1.2 was excellent, 1.4.6 not too shabby, but I have had more difficulties with Evo 2 than just the pilot deal. Maybe by 2.5 it will all be OK again. In the meantime, for my business sake I will have to use jpilot as my scheduling tool, and Evo or Mozilla as my mail client.

Thanks for your input.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia