Re: [Evolution] Mulitple IDs

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:23 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

[ ... ]

Thunderbird offers 'profiles' as well as 'personalities' within a
profile.  Of course here too I need multiple Thunderbirds off an
running.  So I may just be doing yet another indirection here too.

Mail has to be solved first.  Then I will work with OpenOffice on other things.

Hmmm, at first sight this looks a bit like my situation. I manage home
and work mail accounts from evolution. Mail that gets sent to my work
account, and I reply to, automatically has my work's origin address and
my work's email server selected by evolution, as for my home mail. And
if I don't like it, I can always select one myself.

The only thing I need to do to make this work is to create multiple
accounts in evolution. Each account has an outgoing email address + long
name, an incoming and outgoing email server. I guess that's all that's
needed to do what you want? You did know that clicking on "From" when
you type a new message, lets you select another mail account (not only
origin address)?