Re: [Evolution] Sent file too large

But it gives me a choice of pop OR maildir.  I need my messages to be
downloaded from the POP server then delivered into the maildir.

Create *both* a "POP" (which is really a local mbox) *and* a maildir
store.

When you click on Get/Send, it will drop the emails into the mbox
file.  If you add the appropriate incoming trigger, the emails
will then be automagically be moved to the maildir store.

BTW, have you ever thought of using fetchmail, Postfix and an IMAP
server?  That way, your email will be dropped directly into a
maildir (as long as you use dovecot or courier).  And fetchmail
will grab your email even when you aren't logged in.

Similarly I get the messages of one IMAP's server's inbox to be moved to
another IMAP's server's inbox.

(although there is a little bug lurking here, already reported it :-()