Re: [Evolution] Sent file too large

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:22 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 10:45 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:50 +0530, B S Srinidhi wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 15:40 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
Evolution supports Maildir?  This is news to me.

How exactly do I tell Evo to use a Maildir instead of mbox?

Its been there for quite sometime now. I use it for some of my 'test'
accounts on my machine.

Create a new account and in "Receiving Email", select "Maildir-format
mail directories" as the "Server Type". Give the path to your maildir
and you are all set to access your Maildir "directly". :)

If I remember correctly, Evolution does not support Maildir quota. It
doesn't seem to update the 'maildirsize' file. (someone please update me
if this works in the latest Evolution :)

Srinidhi.

That does not seem to allow me to retrieve my mail from a POP server and
store it in Maildir format.  It only lets me point Evo at a pre-defined
maildir.  Apparently it expects some other program to deliver mail
there.

So I still have the problem where the speed of navigating a folder is a
function of how many messages are in it (the more mail, the slower it is
to switch messages), because Evo is just seek()ing on a HUGE file,
rather than opening a new file per message.

A filter rule can move it from the mbox file to a maildir.

Ok this is getting WAY too complicated.

Please explain step by step how I would move my (HUGE) linux-kernel
folder to a maildir.

Lee