Re: [Evolution] Sent file too large

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 15:05 -0600, Marcos Pinto wrote:
Evolution is giving me this error:
Failed to appened local `Sent' folder: cannot append message to mbox
file: /home/markybob/.evolution/mail/local/Sent: File too large
What can I do about this, short of deleting my emails or moving them?
I need to be able to easily search through my emails as I currently
do.  Is there a way to make evolution with Mail-dir format for Sent,

I'm not sure if there is any better way of doing this, but I can think
of two ways of doing this:

* Use Evolution to "Import" the MBox file into its "Local Folder" (you
could create a different folder too) and empty the existing MBox file,
or,

* Use (apt-cache show) mb2md and convert your Sent folder mbox to a
Maildir.

You can then point Evolution to use the new mbox or Maildir as your Sent
folder. :)

The file is 2G and the filesystem can indeed handle 2G+ files.  I'm
running kernel 2.6.13 on Debian sid with reiserfs.

I'm also using ReiserFS. Are you sure that 2G+ files are being handled
correctly? I've faced problems with file that were 1.2G big. Just a
thought. :)

Srinidhi.
--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )                  B S Srinidhi
 - against HTML email  X                   www.deeproot.co.in