Re: [Evolution] mail directories

hi robert,

Am Montag, den 26.12.2005, 21:23 -0500 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
Question 1:     Where does Evolution keep the mail?

since version 2.0.x, evolution stores your data (your mails, your
address books your tasks and your appointments) in ~/.evolution, your
settings in ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and your passwords in
~/.gnome2_private/Evolution.

Question 2:     Is each folder its own file?  Are folders grouped
into directories?

referring to POP/local accounts, each folder is one file, e.g. my Inbox
is stored at ~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox and a subfolder called "sub"
would be stored at ~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd/sub .

Question 3:     Can I set up Evolution so that different email
accounts' mail is in different directories?

you can easily do this by setting up message filters: create two folders
(for inbox and sent) and create two message filters, one for
recipient=your_account_email_address pointing to inbox and another one
for sender=your_account_email_address pointing to sent.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!