[Evolution] mail directories

Preamble:

I am a Eudora user, been one since v 1.34 or some such.

Question 1:     Where does Evolution keep the mail?
Question 2: Is each folder its own file? Are folders grouped into directories? Question 3: Can I set up Evolution so that different email accounts' mail is in different directories? In Eudora I do this by running multiple copies of Eudora with different directories. This is different from running Eudora with different personalities within one copy.

Barrs Law of Recursive futility
        If you're smart enough to use one of these....
                .....you can probably manage without one!