Re: [Evolution] Postfix TLS and Evolution

Pete Biggs a écrit :

Surely the relaying of mail is determined by your server, not the client
- what are the error messages on the server?
Well, on the Postfix server, configuration is :

smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_require_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_loglevel=3
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/server-nopass-key.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/server-cert.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = yes
smtpd_tls_req_ccert = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_tls_clientcerts
                              reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_helo_required = yes
relay_clientcerts = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_clientcerts

So this makes it possible for a client to have its mails relayed if (and only if) the MD5 checksum of its certificate is present in relay_clientcerts.

When sending with Evolution, after establishing a TLS connection, the log says :

TLS connection established from m101.netxx-xx-xx.noos.fr[xx.xx.xx.xx]: TLSv1 with cipher RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits) Dec 15 09:26:19 localhost postfix/smtpd[3806]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from m101.netxx-xx-xx.noos.fr[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 554 <test dest org>: Relay access denied;

I must admit I have no clue here and this is really the limits of my (in)competence. Just notice that sending email with Mozilla works on the same server, so configuration works.

Any tip ?

Thanks again,
Franck

P.