[Evolution] Re: Evolution on Debian 3.1 Testing

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:37:33 +0100, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

I'm writing this from my Windows partition (I'd rather be using my
Debian 3.1 Testing partition) as Evolution crashes upon startup with the
seemingly famous 'This application has quit unexpectedly' message.  I'm
hoping somebody can tell me:

a)  Whether I should be talking on this list, or finding out who the
Debian maintainer is for the evolution package and talking directly to them.

As a Debian user, you should be aware of the Debian BTS and first take a
look at bugs there [1] and particularly this one [2], where you'll find a
workaround.  The migration of GNOME 2.10 to testing was stuck due to
various reasons; this was discussed here as well.  I am upgrading my
testing machine everyday and run Evo's mail component only.  If it crashes
on every startup, just change the GConf key
apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/component_id to "mail" (using the GConf
Editor).

There's no need to contact the maintainer(s) as normally this is done
through the BTS.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=evolution

Yavor Doganov                   JID: doganov jabber minus273 org
Free Software Association - Bulgaria           http://fsa-bg.org
GNOME in Bulgarian!                         http://gnome.cult.bg