Re: [Evolution] toolbar display text

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 11:54 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Actually I'm assuming the exact opposite. I'm not asking for special
treatment for KDE (though that's the desktop I use) or for any other
desktop. I'm saying that access to an app's configuration should be
available *from the app itself* (even if there is a desktop with a
separate control panel).

FWIW, the HIG does specify that you should be able to over-ride the
toolbar policy on a per-app basis:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/toolbars-controlling-display.html

so you could argue that Evolution isn't being fully compliant here.  But
practically no apps do this, and we were thinking about dropping that
guideline anyway as it just adds a bunch more menu items that most
people will never touch.  So now's the time to tell us if we
shouldn't :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group