Re: [Evolution] Suspending/resuming

There is no such command line option (in any version!).

Though you could probably write a very small program which triggers it.
Or a fairly trivial patch which adds the command line option.

The shell interface can be retrieved using bonobo-activation, and it has
a simple method which should do it (although as with any shell methods,
what they appear they should do, and what they will do aren't always in
accordance).

e.g. something like this might work (haven't tried compiling it, I leave
it as exercise to reader to get it to compile and/or even work).
Although it will start evolution if it isn't already running which is
probably an undesirable side-effect - solve that yourself too.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

#include <libbonobo.h>

/* could just compile the idl separately, no need for shell */
#include "shell/Evolution.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        int state = 1, i;
        GNOME_Evolution_Shell shell;

        bonobo_init(&argc, argv);

        for (i=1;i<argc;i++) {
                if (!strcmp(argv[i], "--offline"))
                        state = 0;
                else if (!strcmp(argv[i], "--offline"))
                        state = 1;
        }

        /* version might need changing to suit evolution version */
        shell =
bonobo_activation_activate_from_id("OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Shell:2.4",
0, NULL, &ev);
        if (ev._major != CORBA_NO_EXCEPTION) {
                printf("Cannot activate shell\n");
                return 1;
        }

        GNOME_Evolution_Shell_setLineStatus(shell, state, &ev);
        if (ev._major != CORBA_NO_EXCEPTION) {
                printf("Cannot set line state\n");
                return 1;
        }