Re: [Evolution] Suspending/resuming

Hi Koen,

 Which version of evolution are you using ?

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 12:31 +0200, Koen Vermeer wrote:

So, I was wondering, should I consider this a bug (meaning that I cannot
really do anything about it and that it may 'just work' in future
versions)?
there isn't any desktop-wide standard yet on how an application might
know if the network has gone down (as a whole) or if it is just its
connection with a given server that is somehow in trouble.

Alternatively, is there a way I can circumvent this, for
example by somehow giving Evolution a command on suspend to drop it's
network connections? If so, how would I do that?

You could have evolution go offline by clicking on the 'network icon' on
the bottom left of your application window - so it explicitly drops the
connections.  You may observe that depending on your settings, evolution
takes some time to download content for offline use and
hence might not go offline instantly.

-Harish