Re: [Evolution] Evolution backups with gmail

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 11:22 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 21:09 +0200, Kris Luyten wrote:
Hello,

I've used Evolution for several years now, and my local inbox is
getting pretty full, so I was looking for good way to backup my
emails. I was wondering whether there is a way to backup emails
already in evolution in my gmail account (e.g. by redirecting all
mails in a folder to my gmail account). I would also like to
"redirect" certain incoming mails directly to my gmail account with a
filter, but this doesn't seem possible? Is there a way to do these two
things?

You can redirect by setting up a filter which runs a script. "pipe to
command" or whatever it is.  This script can then send the email on,
etc.  This could probably be used to achieve both of these tasks.

But wouldn't that be forwarding the emails?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"We have the power to do any damn fool thing we want to do, and
we seem to do it about every ten minutes."
Senator J. William Fulbright (D-AR)