Re: [Evolution] Question about contact display list

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 15:48, Inigo Martinez Lasala wrote:

"Lasala, Iñigo", but should be displayed has "Martinez, Iñigo" since
Yes, edit the 'Full Name' components, remove Martinez from middle (since
it's not) and put Martinez Lasala as last. If you just use the basic box
instead, Evo will try to split on white space (first, middle, last).

But this involves to edit all my LDAP server entries, and this is not
possible since it would affect our other applications that not use the
"first, middle, last" format.

The question... ¿is there any way to modify this behavior so Evolution
This is not correct. You name no middle name (actually, you could, not
in this case) but a last name made of two words.

OK, perhaps the question should be, ¿is there any way to change the
display format to show "middle name", "name" instead of
"surname","name".
I have seen plenty of XML files in evolution directories for
displaying purposes, so it would be possible to change some of them.

You didn't understand my answer, or you posed a different question: are
you entering a contact (local or LDAP) or are you reading all of them
from your LDAP server?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini            alessio sevenseas org

Linux user #150681 - http://counter.li.org