Re: [Evolution] Opening Files vs Save Option

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 08:55 -0400, Jeremey Wise wrote:
Not a major issue but more of a conveniance factor:

It seems that about half the time I get Excel attachments it lets me
right click and have the option to open with Excel (under Crossover) or
Open office. The other half of the time it requires that I save the file
as the only option. Is that option controlled by the extention of the
file and if so can I edit it to make .XLS .xls open with Excel?

That would depend on the mime-type of the attachment, I think.

If it's, for example, this, then it knows what to do:

If it's a generic octet-stream, though, Evo doesn't know what to
do:

Thus, I'd posit that there's some issue with how the spreadsheet
was attached.  Maybe you could do a View->"Message Display"->
"Show Email Source" on the emails to see what's going on.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Maintain peace with men, war with their vices."
Unknown