Re: [Evolution] new mail count anywhere in evo 2.0?

Not the same as the (deprecated since 1.5 and now) non-existent Shortcut
Bar -- but there is a quick workaround which basically does the same:

* Create one vFolder for every Inbox -- with "Expression" "#t" as the
  only criteria and "specific folders only" <Inbox> as sources.

Then all your Inboxes will align nicely next to each other at the bottom
of your folder tree. You can see the unread count at a glance and deal
with those Inboxes without scrolling.

(Hint: A vFolder name with a "/" will be arranged in subtrees. For
example, name your Inbox vFolder "Inbox/Account-A".)

this would be acceptable if I could move my vfolders up to the top of
the tree.  as it is, they're at the bottom, which is out of sight, since
I have the INBOX from my first IMAP account selected most of the time
and it is at the top of the tree.

Please, try it before refusing entirely.

What I mentioned above, will result in vFolders which basically are the
very same as your Inboxes. In fact, vFolders set up as I mentioned
simply are renamed versions of your actual Inboxes. [1]

If you set up such a vFolder for *all* your Inboxes, there is no need to
leave the tree-view at the top -- at least not the reason told us. Cause
you got a copy of that primary Inbox in the vFolder tree, too.

...guenther

[1] The only downside is, you cannot move mails *into* those vFolders.
Apart from this, it really is only another name for the very same mail
folder. You even can drag-n-drop mails out of that folder.