Re: [Evolution] new mail count anywhere in evo 2.0?

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 16:17 +0200, guenther wrote:
one of the things that I really liked in evo 1.4 was the ability to look
quickly at the section on the left hand side shortcut bar and see how
many new e-mails were in the IMAP boxes that I had drag/dropped there.
As it stands now, I have have to scroll up/down and look at the
individual INBOX's to see if I have any new mail in my several IMAP
accounts.

Is there a better way to do this or is something being planned to help
with this?  tooltip or something?

In this picture, look under the Send/Receive icon.  Is that what
you are talking about?

that works nicely if you happened to have selected the INBOX you're
interested in.  I actually have more than one IMAP account in the tree
on the left hand side.  What I need to be able to do is, at a glance,
tell whether any of the INBOXes of the 3 IMAP accounts have new mail in
them--not just the one that I have selected.

Not the same as the (deprecated since 1.5 and now) non-existent Shortcut
Bar -- but there is a quick workaround which basically does the same:

* Create one vFolder for every Inbox -- with "Expression" "#t" as the
  only criteria and "specific folders only" <Inbox> as sources.

Then all your Inboxes will align nicely next to each other at the bottom
of your folder tree. You can see the unread count at a glance and deal
with those Inboxes without scrolling.

(Hint: A vFolder name with a "/" will be arranged in subtrees. For
example, name your Inbox vFolder "Inbox/Account-A".)

...guenther

this would be acceptable if I could move my vfolders up to the top of
the tree.  as it is, they're at the bottom, which is out of sight, since
I have the INBOX from my first IMAP account selected most of the time
and it is at the top of the tree.

--

 `
 ,