[Evolution] Evolution 2.0.0 and a directory of Unix mboxes

So, one of the things I love about Evolution 1.4.x is that it handles
the Unix mbox format (/var/mail/$LOGNAME), and directories of Unix
mboxes (like $HOME/Mail), really really well.

That's not the case with 2.0.0, in my experience. When I installed 2.0.0
from Debian experimental, I got the migration notice, which went great.
Then, when my main mail window came up, there were a whole bunch of
files in my $HOME/Mail folder -- lots of .cmeta and .index and .data
files.

I could probably work around this, except the _next_ time I started
Evolution, each .cmeta file had a .cmeta.cmeta and .cmeta.index
and .cmeta.data and so on. The folder was exponentially expanding,
because Evolution was adding 3 extra files for every file in the dir.

Not only that, but my directories under $HOME/Mail weren't recognized at
all. $HOME/Mail/from/Mom showed up in the tree view on the left, but
when I tried to open it, I got a notice that from is not a Unix mailbox.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just an edge case that wasn't
tested that much before release?

~ESP