Re: [Evolution] imap...synchronization chaos ;)

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 15:39 +0200, Gábor Farkas wrote:
On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:52 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 11:35 +0200, Gábor Farkas wrote:

> > unfortunately it does not seem to be like that.
> > i tried the following approach:
> >
> > 1. i created a new imap account in evolution
> > 2. i turned on the auto-sync-remote-mails in the imap account settings
> > 3. i have an INBOX, and also several subdirectories. one of them is
> > 'burn'
> > 4. the INBOX was automatically updated (the number of new mails was
> > shown),
> > but not the subdirectories
> > 5. i pressed the send/receive button. the number of unread mails was
> > updated for all folders.
> > 6. not that i did not went into any of the subdirs.
> > 7. i stopped the network connection (/etc/init.d/net.eth0 stop)
> > 8. i clicked on the 'burn' subdir.
> > 9. evolution froze with a 'opening imap://blabla' in the status bar
> > 10. i've killed evo because i did not want to wait (i assume there's a
> > timeout...)
>
> you still have to go offline manually if you drop the connection.  the
> little connection button at the bottom of the window.

yes...but then it does not work like:

>  It means that messages will be copied to the local hard disk as they
arrive on the
>  server.  The old code used to just copy it when you 'went offline',
>  if it wasn't there already.

the new code also only copies if you go online :((

Uh, i explained cases where it does this.  The new code does copy messages as they arrive, but 'arrive' depends on a lot of factors.

If you know the answer already why keep asking and just annoying me?  I've got real work to do, i'm an engineer, not a support line.

ok, i'll keep using offlineimap...

would it make sense to add a feature request to evolution-bugzilla to
have thic correctly implemented (kmail has something like that too
btw..)

gabor

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"