Re: [Evolution] MailDir + unSYNC + Invalid Root on Evo 1.4.6

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 15:13, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 14:48 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
[snip]

(One way which I can have a shorter logout(using mbox format) would be
to make sure evo does not "empty trash at exit)

But then you'll be accumulating lots of undeleted mail.

The bottom line is that Really Large Amounts Of Email is going to
cause you slowness somewhere, somehow, depending on the filesystem,
RAM, storage type (Maildir, mbox, mh, etc), etc.

Why not bite the bullet and archive that folder into yearly sub-
folders?

I'm gonna hold that off for the Mail-List. But am considering it for my
Office Mails which are HUGE.

Mail lists mails are usually small. 40K messages and only <200MB.

and what's teh :2,S or :2,RS means at the end of the email file name?

The ",S=x" is the number of bytes in that file.

I didn't see any ",S=x" when I ls into that Dir.

but thanks.