Re: [Evolution] merging mails

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 00:04 -0500, Fred Blaise wrote:
yea, i have IMAPS for my other account, and I like that much better...
and this one im talking about is POP3 (and i have no control over it), I
should be able to move out from it soon to pure IMAP. However, until
then, I'd like to have my email transfered...

You _do_ have control over it -- you can fetch mail from it with POP and
then do whatever you like with the mail. Since you claim to have one
machine permanently connected anyway, Ron was suggesting that you could
use that machine as an IMAP server, and have it fetch the mail from your
POP account automatically.

Plus, right now at work, they block the IMAP and IMAPS ports, so I have
to ssh to my server to get them with mutt :\

Why use mutt? You can use Evolution with a server which is only
accessible by SSH -- I do it all the time. Look at the 'Use custom
command to connect to server' option on the Receiving Options setup
page, and try a command such as 'ssh %h exec imapd'. You don't need
direct access to IMAP or IMAPS ports on the server; you don't even need
an imapd to be running.

--
dwmw2