Re: [Evolution] merging mails

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 22:06 -0500, Fred Blaise wrote:
Hello

I am running Ubuntu, with the latest evolution 2.0.1 on both. The
machines are identical (or very very close).

Those 2 machines have 1 emails (POP3) account in common. One of those
machines is on 24/7, and has the option "Leave message on server
disabled" and the other one has it on, and is only on part of the day.
Hence, the machine that is on 24/7 has more emails than the other.

I would like to merge those 2 accounts together, on the machine that is
turned on only part of the day. How can I do that?

It might be better/easier if you run an IMAP server on the 24x7
box, and have it fetch all your email for you. (fetchmail is my
favorite tool for this.)

Then, you can use whatever MUA you'd like, from whatever machine
you'd like, without having to worry about synchronization.

Ron
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

I am *not* my children's friend; I am their parent.