Re: [Evolution] Spamassassin, Junk/Not-Junk, Training

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 10:16 +0200, Bram Mertens wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 09:12, Mattias Eriksson wrote:
> fre 2004-05-21 klockan 03.57 skrev Not Zed:
[...]
> > Anyway just use filters then, evo gives you the choice.  If you choose
> > not to use it thats your problem.

So if I understand this correctly it will still be possible in evolution
2.0 to have the exact same setup as in 1.4?  (i.e. using a filter to
pipe e-mail to SA and physically move it to a different folder based on
the return code.)
Yes.

You can also use the new rule match type 'is spam', which will automatically call sa for you.

The 'mark as junk' and 'mark as non junk' functions should then integrate with it.  *but* things marked/unmarked as junk in this way wont get moved physically automatically.
[...]

> I think the vfolder junkmail is a nice way, but it would be nice to have
> an option to move the spam to another physical folder for some
> situations.

Isn't this possible then?  Or perhaps it isn't possible when using IMAP?
IMAP should work the same, generally.
AFAIK (I just tried this succesfully) you can move messages in a vfolder
to a physical folder.  So you should be able to check the junk-vfolder
select all spam, move it to a physical folder and finally train all FP's
as ham.  This way the only spam you'll see in your inbox when you're
using a different client will be "new" spam.

Or am I missing something here?
Yes this should work; but it isn't automatic.

Why people are actually hanging on to their junk is kind of beyond me too ...

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.