Re: [Evolution] popup Error sending password: -ERR /var/mail/[ID].pop lock busy! Is another session active

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 04:51 +0200, Bastiaan Spandaw wrote:
I tried that, but then the send/receive for all accounts window stays
open when I press the "send/receive" button.
Until I press cancel or ok for all accounts with the error dialog open.

And evolution stops popping that account when the dialog is open...
Umm, the send/recv window is a different window.

If thats staying on the screen, then you're hitting some other issue.   Hanging bug?

I guess there is no solution, other than building some script with
iptables to keep my colleagues from checking their mail more than once
every ten minutes.

Or possibly, would moving tot maildirs be of help? (currently using
mbox) How does the locking work with maildirs?
locking isn't needed as such, but evolution uses extra files which will conflict (in non harmful was) if multiple instances of evolution point to the same directories.

It sounds like you're really after IMAP, but how that shares things depends a fair bit on which server you use.  And evo does funny things with shared access sometimes.

Or you want a mail exploder, to send incoming mail to multiple pop accounts for separate download.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.